TDI Decompression Procedures course
Do you want to expand your maximum depth and exceed the no-decompression limit? Don’t miss this chance. Sign up for our TDI Decompression course in the seas and cenotes of Playa del Carmen and get a free Pura Vida t-shirt!
This course is designed to train students on how to plan and perform dives with formal decompression stops using any EAN mix as the main or decompressive gas, with a maximum depth of 45 meters.
This course can be done independently or together with the Advanced Nitrox or Extended Range courses.
Don’t stop learning! And there’s no better place than the Mayan Riviera.
- Decompression stop
- Decompression options
- Diving equipment considerations
- Dive tables vs. computers
- Dive planning
- BCD / harness
- Suit, mask and fins
- Bottom timer
- Cutting device
- 2 or 3 scuba tanks
- Decompressive gas
Course structure and duration
- 6 hours of theory and briefings are recommended
- 4 dives, 2 of which must be in the depth range of 40 to 45 meters
- Preparation of technical diving equipment
- Hand signals
- Checking gas among buddies
- Gas analysis
- Explanation of gas switch procedures for the team
- Pre-dive check
- Demonstrate perfect buoyancy control
- Demonstrate best practice of buddy system through communication
- Demonstrate comfortable swimming with an extra tank
- Demonstrate how to take off and put on extra tank in neutral buoyancy
- Demonstrate how to deploy the buoy
- Demonstrate a controlled ascent and completion of stops following the buoy rope
- Demonstrate how to take off the main mask and put on the replacement
- Demonstrate adequate reaction during the failure of first/second stages, valves, or buoyancy system
- Demonstrate gas switch check
- Breathing from buddy’s decompressive gas for at least one minute
Included with the course
- Diving Certification
- BCD / harness
- Mask / Fins
- Scuba tanks
- Tickets to cenotes
- Being at least 18 years old.
- Advanced Nitrox Diver certification or equivalent credential.
- Having at least 25 logged dives
- Deep Diver certification