Sidemount specialty course
Take the first step to become a Technical Diver. Don’t miss the TDI Sidemount specialty course! Increase your safety by wearing “double gas”.
Learn new diving techniques with our technical diving instructors, such as the handling of two bottles underwater. Enjoy the advantages and comfort sidemount diving has to offer.
This course is designed so that divers, both recreational and technical, learn carry scuba tanks anchored to the sides.
This technique was designed for the comfort of recreational divers, so they don’t need to carry the bottle in their backs, in addition to being able to easily remove it and put it back on in order to climb up or down the boat, and without losing the positive buoyancy the system has in the surface . And of course, for cave diving where the channels are restrictive and difficult to dive into with two bottles on the back.
A different configuration for a more comfortable and safer dive.
- Two bottles with DIN valve and fittings to the right and left
- Two independent regulators (1st and 2nd stage and manometer).
- BCD and harness
- Suit, mask and fins.
- Computer, bottom timer, tables, cutting device
- Being at least 18 years old.
- Open Water Diver certification from any agency.
- At least 25 dives.
Course structure and duration
- Confined waters (exercises in shallow water of pool)
- A minimum of 3 dives are required, with a bottom time of 90 minutes
- Approximately 4 hours of theory and briefings are recommended.
- Final exam of 25 questions.
- 2 days minimum (3 days recommended).
- Gas switching procedure
- Control of gas used in independent bottles
- Psychological considerations
- Problem resolution
- Entrances to the water
- S-Drills (specific to sidemount)
- Propulsion techniques (including back kick, frog kick, helicopter turn, etc)
- Perfect buoyancy in horizontal position without moving
- Clipping and unclipping scuba tanks.
- Gas switch with and without a mask.
- Problem resolution
- Buoy deployment.
- Safe ascent.
Incluído en el curso
- Diving Certification
- BCD / harness
- Mask / fins
- Free Pura Vida t-shirt!
Upon completing this course you’ll be able to continue your technical diver training in the TDI Advanced Nitrox course.